31.3.10

Digital Photo Book: Photo Layouts

I'm getting so excited to see the book finished! I still have quite a ways to go but it is starting to go quicker. I found that after I have a section of photos retouched, that putting them all together on a page to see what goes together the best helps a lot. After Kaelyns first month was done I'm not so picky if the photos aren't exactly in order. I want the images to go well with what is going to be on the same page as well as the page next to it. (I do keep them in order by month.) I have a few of my favorite photos taking up the entire page... although I can't do this with all of them or my book would be HUGE! When I get to the end of the book I will have a tweaking stage where I'll revise what I've written below the photos and I'll test print the pages to see how they look. I may throw some out if I'm not completely happy with it. Anyway, here are a few of my newest pages...

I decided some of the pages didn't need text. There is always a section page saying the month so I didn't want to take away from the photos any more than I had to. Sometimes less is more.
I'm currently at 40 pages and am just starting month 4. If there isn't a holiday in a month they are pretty short. I'm trying to stick to just under 120 pages for the entire book... but we'll see, I'm glad I won't be paying per page!
I've really enjoyed going through my baby's photos! I still can't believe how quickly she's growing up. Although I miss her being so little I look forward to all the new experiences with her. Some of the smallest things excite her so... and I love it! She's my doll and I can't imagine my life without her.

No comments: