29.7.10

New Listing + Recipe

Two new listings are in the shop! One is for an 8x10 typography print just like the one pictured above and the other is just a larger 13x19 version. You can check them out for more detailed information if you're interested.


The quote above is quite fitting for me. I LOVE chocolate! Some of you were wondering about the frosting I used on hubby's birthday cake so I will share that along with the chocolate cake... cuz it's just the BEST chocolate cake I have ever had. The recipe came from my mother-in-law. Hope she doesn't mind me sharing it! :)

Lazy Crazy Cake & Frosting
ingredients:
3c flour
2c sugar
1t salt
2t soda
1/3c cocoa
2T apple cider vinegar
1t vanilla
3/4c oil
2c water


Bake at 350 for 20-25min. (It actually takes about 35 min in my oven... so just keep checking on it so it doesn't get over done.)


Now for the 7 minute white frosting
ingredients:
2 egg whites
1 1/2c sugar
1/3 c cold water
1/2t cream of tarter
dash salt
1t vanilla


Stir in double boiler. Beat mixture until it stands in peaks. (use a hand mixer) Add vanilla.
Spread on cake and eat it up!

*Just a note, if you don't eat up the white frosting fairly soon within a couple days it will start to get a little crunchy and I'm not at all for crunch in my foods. Yeah, I'm kinda funny. So if I just make this cake for my little family I usually opt for a fudge frosting... and that is sooo good too!
Here's that recipe:

Fudge Frosting
ingredients:
1 1/2c sugar
6T butter
6T milk
6oz chocolate chips


Boil sugar, butter and milk one minute. Add choc. chips, stir until melted.

If you make the recipe into cupcakes, its going to be real hard to eat just one! Enjoy!

4 comments:

Lacey (schoolhousefarm) said...

like that print! & the look of those cupcakes...emmmm.

Kathryn Dyche said...

The typography print looks great, I love that saying.

Christie Cottage said...

Great print!

I remember looking at the frosting on your husband's cake and thinking it looked delicious!


<><

Unknown said...

WOW!! I love the sound of those cupcakes. I can taste them through the screen :)