26.7.10

Road Trip ~ Vacation Part 2

I hope you had a wonderful weekend. We sure had beautiful weather here and were busy bodies once again. It was Hubby's birthday so we did a few fun things. I was going to have a post about that but my camera's battery died so I'll have to share our weekend happenings in the next post. Here are a few photos from our road trip to Lake Michigan and home again.

At the last minute we decided to break the trip up and stay at a motel half way. It was a good idea, 10 hours straight would not have been fun. Our first stay was in Wisconsin, next to the Mississippi river. Was fun to see all the house boats!

A couple more of the Mississippi. Wisconsin was a gorgeous state to drive through. Lots of wild flowers, hills and trees.

These cute little shops are in Long Grove, Illinois. We arrived there shortly before closing time so it seemed like we had the place to ourselves. Off to the right was the neatest art gallery. David and I both wanted to take several pieces home with us! Too bad pictures weren't allowed in there or I would have showed you all the talent that was featured... it was awesome!

On the way home to SD we came across the Cheese Factory restaurant in Wisconsin to have lunch. Couldn't pass this place up since WI is known for their cheese. It was definitely a fun place to eat. The servers made for an extra special experience and the coffees and food were delicious!
Our last stay was in Winona, MN. David would really like to be in a triathlon there next year. One side looks over the Mississippi river and behind me are steep hills filled with trees. Very beautiful but I sure wouldn't want to bike up them! Honestly I would be traveling backwards if I attempted! The shot of the bridge was taken right in front of our motel.

A couple other shots of Winona.

We were in the car for well over 20 hours and this little person slept for less than 2 hours. She did amazing. It was good we weren't next to other passengers because she certainly wasn't quiet. No most of our road trip time was spent singing. When she was bored of singing by her self she insisted the whole family sing... song after song! I'm pretty sure the entire vacation she was worried about falling asleep because she might miss something. Funny girl!

5 comments:

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Wow... this country sure is beautiful! Love all your photographs! I can't blame her for wanting to stay awake so she wouldn't miss anything... I would do the same thing! ;) Happy birthday to hubby!

~Jennifer

Jodi Ulschmid said...

Ha, ha! Thanks Jennifer! I have to tell my hubby you think I make great paparazzi! :)

Anonymous said...

WOW...that's a lot of car time! I can relate. =) It looks like you had a lovely time...and your pictures are amazing!

Modred Vintage said...

Some very pretty pictures. I'm glad your little one did so well. That can make or break a trip.

Christie Cottage said...

Beautiful pictures! I don't blame you for the motel styay! And I bet the "little person (who is precious) was glad too!

<><