18.7.11

Ponder This...

{country view across from my parents home}

We are blessed to be a blessing to others.
These words came from the visiting pastor I listened to last Sunday... what a statement to live by! He preached about us being blessed not so we can go buy bigger and better things but to help others... help children/families who don't have food, homes, medicine. Just think about that. We do live in such a materialistic world. People are always trying to out do one another. It seems like few people are satisfied with what they currently have. It's really sad. It is even more sad that others are suffering from our selfishness. His sermon really struck me. I grew up in a family where you always help out, and I know we have a "purpose" here on Earth. The words from Sunday just got me thinking that I can live with less and I can give more than I already do. It made me think about a lot of things really... I don't really need an addition on my house... I need to be extremely grateful for what I have today... stop thinking so much about me and think about serving others. I am rich, maybe not so much with money but with many other things.
The pastor talked quite a bit about Food For The Poor. Just a few dollars can help a lot of other people who are in desperate need. I strongly urge you to check out this site and give. If you are reading this, chances are you can spare a few bucks... just saying... think about it.
Thank you!

No comments: