14.2.11

Another Modern Custom Portrait

Here is my newest commissioned portrait painting I completed last week. The request was to paint on the largest canvas size I had... which was 18x24 and the chosen color was red. I asked if I could go crazy cropping the photo and it was agreed. So I had a lot of fun with this one. Since the size was bigger I could add in some extra detail.

I think it's so crazy how a bunch of odd little shapes can add up to look like something let alone a person! It's just an amazing process. You get to the third color and the painting comes alive! I was so excited with the end result and the customer loved it as well... which makes it even better. :)

♥ Make sure to tell your loved ones how special they are to you today. To feel loved and share the love is a true blessing! Happy Valentines Day! ♥

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I just love the "black, white, and color" graphics of your art...by the way, I tried to go to your etsy shop, but couldn't...even when on etsy (not trying to follow the link from your blog), it comes up as "not found"...just letting you know!

Blessings,
Cindy

Jodi Ulschmid said...

Thank you Cindy!
Just wondering if you had the "s" at the end of enduringarts when you typed it in. I know some people forget it. Otherwise I have no idea why it wouldn't be coming up... it works fine when I go. I guess you could try command F5 to refresh the page to see if it will come up. Sorry about that.