15.9.10

Rainy Day

It's a rainy, grey day here today and it made me think of this photo I took on the way back home from our vacation. Never did I think I would have hubby stop the car just a few miles from our house so I could get out and take a photo of our every day surroundings. The picture lost a little of its vividness when uploading and the rays are a little harder to see as well, but you get an idea of the amazing view we saw. If we would have stopped the car a few minutes sooner we would have captured intense white and turquoise rays. This natural beauty of wide open fields is what I love about South Dakota. I very much enjoy the peaceful surroundings... even if it's a rainy day. Each state has its own little magic... each one is special. I just wish it didn't have to get quite so cold here in the fall and winter.

What do you love about the state you live in?

4 comments:

Christie Cottage said...

That is an incredible photo! Yay for your husband stopping the car for the shot!

If you get a chance, I hope you'll stop by and enter my Current Giveaway
http://christiecottage.blogspot.com/2010/09/win-it-wednesday-new-giveaway_14.html

Shelby and Bev said...

oh my gosh, that photo is fabulous...
i have been through south dakota once, on a road trip we did years ago...the plains are truly beautiful, we saw some amazing clouds and colors in the sky...
xo

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

I have my dear husband stop the car all the time for my photos... he is such a trooper! ;) What a gorgeous picture, gorgeous scenery! I have to say I feel the same way about Nebraska, the wide open peaceful land is beautiful!

jamfiescreations1 said...

I love this photo. It reminds me of stormy days in Texas. I love it when the sky is dark and there is a fresh breeze.