4.10.09

New Acrylic Painting! "Spreading Her Wings"

Happy Monday! This last weekend was a productive painting time for me. I finished my commissioned painting first. I'll show pictures of that one after it gets shipped off. Then I finished the above acrylic painting that I had started quite awhile ago at the once a month art studio day. Sorry the photo isn't that great of it but I couldn't wait to share it. I am waiting for a nice sunny day so I can get some good pictures of it in natural light and then soon after I will get some prints of it in my Etsy shop. I titled the painting "Spreading Her Wings" due to the fact it was inspired by my little girl who is growing and changing so quickly. Most of the time she thinks she can do everything by herself. It seems like she was born only a couple months ago and now she's literally flying around the house at full speed. I am treasuring the moments when she crawls into my lap to have a story read, or comes over to me to give me a hug and kiss 'just because'. Children can melt a parents heart so easily; it's a whole new world of love we had never known.

More info will be coming about the painting when I get a good print of it, so be sure to check back in a few days. Off to work on a new post for Touched Creatively's blog and then to work on the next kid inspired issue.

No comments: