17.6.09

A Trip to the Woods

This is a little Norwegian guest house my Uncle
built. He makes everything including the doors!
I love the detail of the door shown along with
the cuteness of Kaelyn and David.

We had a great little family trip to the Minnesota woods this last weekend to visit my great uncle Ramon and aunt JoAnn. I had to show David where they live and his wood mill. With David's love of woodworking I knew he would love it. He couldn't believe how much one man could accomplish. Uncle Ramon has built so many things during his lifetime including the buildings on his property and the furniture inside! It really is amazing and undescribable. JoAnn amazes me on how she does the finishing on everything. It looks perfect! Here are just a few shots:


Ramon has a great supply of wood!!! We got the exciting jeep ride tour through the woods. You don't realize all the trees and hills until your actually experiencing the ride. I think David's ready to move in with my relatives! Ha!

Kaelyn loved playing on all the stairs in their house. What a workout that was for everyone keeping an eye on her!

1 comment:

Jodi L. Spilde said...

The pic of Kaelyn and David is so cute! I love the silhouettes of them!