18.6.09

Expecting Congratulations Card

It is said that we can learn something from everyone we meet and every experience we have. Well when I did caricatures for the first time a few months ago for a high school prom, I didn't really think I would be doing anything like it again. Well, when I was trying to come up with a fun design for a card for my sister-in-law who is expecting in September and it just happened to come out like a caricature which I thought was fun! I first sketched her out in marker, scanned it in and digitally colored it in and typed in my own words as I usually can't find anything that says exactly what I want it to. I really enjoyed that it incorporates both fine art and graphic design. I'm still lost in finding the 'perfect' niche for me. Do I go towards fine art, graphic design, or both at the same time? I am open to suggestions!!! Anyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You amaze me! You need to get these in a store. thanks for sharing your talent :)