1.1.14

Hope Filled New Year

 Happy New Year!
 
To be honest I am happy that 2013 is behind us. Sure there were some great moments, but health wise, well lets just say it is not a year I want to repeat. I guess the good part is I gained more knowledge about the body and healthy food. The beginning of December I got yet another diagnosis, another medication and a tweak to my diet and for the first time in a LONG time I saw improvement! Praise God! It was like a cloud was lifting from me and I was finally starting to feel like myself again. It was amazing and I hope that more good things (healing) will come in 2014. I am hopeful. :)

A few fun Christmas photos from 2013:

{Part of Kaelyn's Kindergarten progam}

{After Christmas Eve church celebration ~ time for songs & Jesus's birthday cake!}
 
Kaelyn had a memorable Christmas day!
Christmas was so much fun! We had a wonderful time celebrating the birth of Jesus, spending time with family, watching the joy of the season from a 5yr olds view and laughing... I hadn't laughed so hard in a long time. (Thanks Sandy!) Kaelyn didn't want the festivities to end which made me even happier. It was a great ending to 2013!

Now 2014... oh how I wonder what you have in store for us. Praying that it will be good. I'm sure it will be an adventure and we will learn many more lessons.

We may face some limiting circumstances today. Whether it is the result of failure, or through no fault of our own, we can "go" through it or seek God's strength to "grow" through it. The challenge of every confinement is to increase rather than decrease; to grow and not diminish. The Lord's goal is to give us "a future and a hope". ~ David McCasland
I know, Lord, that You can use the circumstances I am in for my good.
Change me, and grow me in my knowledge of You and intimacy with You.
Give me Your strength.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Lovely!!! Happy new year! Hugs from Greece!:)

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

oh i hear you, jodi! was not a year i would want to repeat either. spent the last few months with lots of health issues myself. i am so glad to hear you saw an improvement in things... hope more of that is to come! happy new year, friend! are you on facebook? i would love to stay in touch with you better. now that i don't blog, i don't visit blogs much and i miss my bloggy friends! xo

Jodi Ulschmid said...

Thank you Marie! :)

Jennifer~ I'm so glad to hear from you again! I hope your health will be better this year. I am determined to overcome my health issues in 2014. I've been spending more time in the kitchen than blogging lately. Can't do it all. Not on facebook. :(
Stop by when you can or shoot me an email. Take care!