5.3.15

Journey to Healing {Part 1: Essentials}


Shortly after the new year, I blogged that this WILL be the year I heal. Even though I've done a Candida detox twice before without success I am still determined and sure this will be the year of regaining my health naturally. It is only the beginning of March and I have seen so much improvement already and such nasty things coming out of my body! Yay!!! Nothing is more exciting than seeing advances when you have worked so hard for so long.
First and foremost my praise goes to the Lord for the healing. I don't know how many prayers I have said for healing but still tried every so called health tip I came across. After eating so clean for such a long time and not seeing a big improvement I became really frustrated. It wasn't until I really asked God for guidance on what I needed to do/take that helped me on my healing journey. The end of last year/the beginning of this year I have done my best to listen to Him. As always, he answered and led me to two crucial products that have helped me significantly!
The first product is organic Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth. What is that you ask? Diatomaceous Earth is finely milled silica shells of ancient microscopic freshwater plants called diatoms. What is so amazing about these little silica shells is that when you mix the powder with water and drink it, the diatoms run through your body attracting and absorbing fungi, protozoa, viruses, endotoxins, pesticides, drug residues, E.coli and heavy metals! The good stuff in your body is left unharmed. Pretty darn amazing if you ask me and it comes from the earth, made by God! You can get a lot for not much money. It kinda tastes like drinking sand but I have no problem taking it as I can see it working. After two months of use I noticed/saw the biggest changes so far. So it isn't something that is going to happen overnight... like everything good, it takes time. I worked up to taking 1 flat tablespoon mixed in spring water. I actually mix it in half of a glass of water, drink it right away and then drink a big full glass of plain water right after that. It is a good idea to drink a good amount when you take the Diatomaceous Earth to get it moving throughout your system. 

I just have to note that it was the day I asked God for guidance that I came across the Earthworks site who sells this stuff and what I thought was so awesome was their About Us page actually talks about God and Heaven! I knew in my heart this stuff was going to help me. So far I have not been disappointed and it even has so many more uses! So anyone who is struggling with health issues and not seeing the results they would like to see even after drastic diet changes, I strongly encourage you to look into taking Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth. Make sure it is FOOD GRADE! If it isn't food grade it would harm your health!
The next big essential is good, strong probiotics. You have probably heard the importance of probiotics by now. Your body needs plenty of healthy bacteria to crowd out the bad guys in your gut. Every time an antibiotic is taken, the good bacteria is being killed. You need to repopulate the good! If the bad guys out number the good, sickness and disease will overcome you. One of the problems I found was finding a good probiotic to take. Even the ones my doctor recommended didn't seem to do anything for me which made me feel like I was wasting a lot of money. Since many health conditions are caused by the imbalance of beneficial bacteria, one needs to restore a good balance. Again I prayed about it and came across Saccharomyces Boulardii and Bio-Kult. Saccharomyces Boulardii is recommended for those struggling with Candida/yeast issues. Clinical and holistic nutritionist Christa Orecchio has had Candida herself and successfully overcame it with Saccharomyces Boulardii (and Diatomaceous Earth). After listening to many of her health talks I was excited to give Saccharomyces a try and it has worked well. After using Saccharomyces for about 3 weeks with no other fermented foods, I added in Bio-Kult which comes from the UK. It contains 14 live strains of good bacteria. (My daughter also takes this as it is safe for children too.) Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride is one who helped formulate this probiotic and I trust her work as she has helped heal many. I currently use both of these probiotics and upped the amount towards a therapeutic grade level per Campbell-McBrides recommendation. After taking them in combination with the DE, I have seen and feel great results. Sure, I have gotten some die off reactions, which are the not so fun feelings of the toxins dying in my body... head spinning, not feeling so well, fatigue... but it is fairly short lived and since I know what it is from I can control it by backing off a bit if I need to. Knowing my body is working on removing the nasty stuff keeps me focused on pushing forward to restored health. Praise the Lord for allowing our bodies to heal themselves given the right conditions! I am currently starting to make my own sauerkraut to get in more fresh probiotics. I have done many kitchen experiments already this year... water kefir, sourdough and now sauerkraut. It has been fun, but sadly our bodies weren't quite ready for everything we tried. In time...

A clean diet free of all processed food is a huge and helpful step. For quite awhile I wasn't seeing a big benefit from it. My doctor suggested I try Betaine HCL to see if my stomach had enough acid to break down the beneficial food I was eating. Sure enough I wasn't getting the good nutrients from the food I was eating. I kind of knew my body was missing important nutrients due to the horrible ridges on my fingernails but at the time didn't know much about Hydrochloride. I thought I was missing some vitamins. Slowly my nails are becoming smoother! Anyway, if you think your body isn't breaking down food properly ask your doctor if you can do the HCL test. You simply take a pill after you eat a meal with protein; you should then have a warm burning sensation in your stomach which means you have enough acid. If you don't feel anything your digestion is needing some help. I got up to the max amount of seven pills and didn't feel anything. After time and more healing I have been able to cut down to one a day and sometimes don't even need any!

I share these items with hopes it will help someone else going through a similar situation. I wish I would have known about them and tried them on my first Candida detox round, but I remain hopeful that the third attempt will be a charm. :) I linked to the actual products I use and think are amazing. Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions about the items. I will do my best to answer.

With these healing essentials I also continue to focus on these points that I previously shared. I haven't been doing the best with spending time outdoors since it has been so cold around here lately, but that will soon be changing... warmer weather should be arriving this weekend. Yay! So excited to get outdoors! I love being out in nature and breathing the fresh air. The photos above were taken on a ride back home. The sky was amazing. A South Dakota landscape can be quite beautiful. ♥

No comments: