26.2.14

Heavy Heart

I was planning on posting some art this week as it has been far too long but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Something else has been on my mind. Early this week we received news of my husband's aunt passing away. My heart sunk. She had just found out her cancer had spread and was given six months to live. Only a couple days after getting the news she was gone. When we heard she had six months I still had hope. Hope that God would cure her here on earth. I've seen a friend given no hope from doctors and God healed her so I was very hopeful. Maybe too hopeful as I have seen several loved ones lose their fight to cancer. My heart aches for the girls who lost their mom, the husband who lost his wife, the mom who lost her daughter, the young grandkids who lost their grandma... and though it is so sad I have to look at the brighter side. She is no longer in pain. She has gone home to the Lord.

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes,
and death shall be no more,
neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore,
for the former things have passed away." Revelation 21:4

For those left behind...
"I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

Death can really make you look differently at life... what is really important. Our time here is short.

No comments: