14.3.11

Doing it for Others

Ha, ha! Yes, my nails are actually painted this color. No, I didn't do it myself. Here's the deal, yesterday was spa day at my church again. It is such a fun, relaxing time with a small group of women of a wide variety of ages. We were pampered with a professional massage, a home spa recipe book (we could actually try some of the handmade lotions, facials, etc. there), cheesecake... can't go without good food, hee, hee... there were a variety of good (photo) books to look at, beautiful music to listen too, an Avon consultant was there giving hand massages and painting nails, and more. Anyway, I was waiting my place in line to have my nails done and the consultant had her two young girls with her. (they were 8 and 10 yrs old) Anyway they were so cute and helpful... taking the older ladies dishes when they were done and what not and well they were hoping very much that someone would go for the bright, brand new Avon nail colors. I was previously thinking I would go for a soft metallic pink, but one of the little girls picked out colors for me. :) She was so set on having me have what she picked out, and the little old ladies would ask me what color I was going to get and I said, "I guess a rainbow!" So we went with it. The young girls thought it was awesome and the older ladies got such a chuckle out of it... it was so worth it. I have always loved rainbows... my nails kind of make me think of an Easter egg, but ya know, they make me smile... and they made other people smile. :) It was a good day!

So on to more of doing things for others. I get some interesting convos through my Enduring Arts business. Some are for some good causes like this one that you can take part in...
an Online Auction!!!
A loving couple is on there way to adopting a child from Ethiopia. They feel very strongly that it is God's plan for them. You can read more of their story HERE.

So go bid on some wonderful items and know your helping some other little person's life as well as making a family. Children are such a blessing and deserve to be loved and cared for. I wish James and Emily the best. They will be wonderful parents! Ok, really go look at the goods HERE!

1 comment:

Sonya McCllough Lockridge said...

I love the nails ... so much fun ... I wonder what my daughter would think ... if she found them on me ... kool