14.8.14

Plein Air Paint Out


Last weekend I was able to attend the Plein Air Paint Out in SD. The event consisted of 50+ artists who were creating art on/around the homestead on Friday and/or Saturday and then there was an art show and sale held on Sunday. It was the sixth year this event has been put on and my second year attending. It is a lot of fun and the people putting it on are so nice and welcoming. I love spending the day outside, petting animals, walking around the grounds taking photos and being able to create something without being interrupted by a six year old. :) Even though I got rained on a few times and I was completely windblown, it was wonderful!

I am always drawn to the horses. My mixed media painting, Spirit (posted about HERE), came about from the first Plein Air I attended. This year they even had a tiny pony about the size of a large dog. So adorable! This was the little one's mama...





Here is a glimpse of the piece I created on the grounds... and it sold on Sunday! Yay!
I have several more photos for inspiration on later paintings and drawings. I'm looking forward to working on them.

No comments: