17.7.14

Fourth!

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." ~Ferris Buller

So true. Life has seemed to be quite a whirlwind. If I didn't take pictures every once in awhile, everything would be a blur and I'm sure I wouldn't remember most of what happened. Thanks to photos I can enjoy the special moments a bit longer. :)
Days are full and busy around here, like most of yours I am sure. Not sure when there will be a quiet day at home, but I wanted to get these pictures from our Fourth posted before school is back in session...
 Kaelyn was so excited for fireworks this year and was not disappointed!
 I like to sit back and watch. :)
She was so scared to get on it and then didn't want to get off. :)



Since our usual Fourth of July plans changed, we thought it would be fun to take K to the big show we saw when we were dating/or newly married. She was amazed and thinks it should be our new Fourth of July tradition. I have to say, I'm glad we brought ear protection for her, otherwise I'm not sure she would have enjoyed it quite so much.


Although we had a great Fourth we were reminded how short life can be and to really enjoy these moments. The day after the Fourth, a dad of a family I used to babysit for was killed in a car accident. He was also a church family member and a friend of my parents. As sad as the news was we have seen God working and doing good things and we know he is in a wonderful place now.

During all this I also had a huge health scare, which I will try to go into more depth in a later post but God answered prayers and things are looking better. Thank the Lord!
There's always a mix of good and bad in life isn't there?

So here is a little more of the good and fun at the lake...



She's been having so much fun! Makes this mama's heart happy.

No comments: