23.1.13

House Project ~ Necklace Holder

December was filled with house projects... cleaning out, organizing and getting rooms to fit our family's needs best. Several years ago my husband routered out the word "love" onto a wooden board and I painted it white. I had the idea to put a photo on the right. Well I never got around to adding a photo and it was put in a closet for a long time. I know, shame on me! Well fast forward to last month...
I have always wanted to hang my necklaces. The top of our dresser was lined with them and there was no space left. I had several pictures saved on my desktop showing creative ways to make a necklace holder. I also had many more ideas floating around in my mind. Well when I was rearranging the corner in our master bedroom I knew I was going to push myself to finally get something made and hung so I would be able to stop moving my jewelry collection in order to dust the top of our dresser. Plus it was looking way too cluttered.
While working in the bedroom I was also rearranging the playroom and going through a few things in the playroom closet when I came across the "love" board once again. I held it a few minutes and bam, I knew exactly how to make it useful for my needs! I was so excited! All I needed was the help of handy hubby again to make my idea a reality. (I'm sure I could have handled the project myself but he's so much quicker and if I did it, I'm sure it wouldn't have looked as nice.)
My new dressing corner with my new, unique necklace holder. I now love this space!
It is a tiny master (we'll call it cozy) but it does have a pretty nice walk in closet for an old house so it fits our needs perfectly. Now there is a girly corner and an awesome jewelry space saver that is like a piece of art in itself. :)
 
Close-up view of love routered out.
I penciled in dots where I wanted nails and hubby put in pretty brass nails.
There is room to layer many more necklaces.
 
I'm a happy girl... I'm sure you couldn't tell. :)
Thanks hubby for all your work! You're the best!
 
If you want a necklace holder like this, I bet hubby would make you one.
You can contact him through Wisp Woods, or by emailing wispwoods@gmail.com
You can also browse through more of his beautiful woodworking on his site.
 

No comments: