9.8.09

Paintings in Progress

Finally, a new post! Sorry its been so long. There are so many projects going on in this house; it's a crazy whirl wind. The second issue of Touched Creatively is going to be sent to the printer real soon! Very excited about that. Then I have been working on my Kaelyn inspired painting that I started quite some time ago. The only chance I get to work on it is at Open Studio art day that is once a month. I was planning on putting it in Kaelyn's room but I think it will look better in her bathroom once it gets remodeled since the colors in there will be pink and orange. Here is a picture of the painting so far so you get an idea... Need to change a few things and add a couple small butterflies. Will probably be a couple more months until I get time to finish it.
I'm also busy working on a modern style of portraits done with acrylic. I'm very excited about them! I have one planned for Kaelyn's room too that I can't wait to start but I have another commissioned drawing that is in line before I can start it. Anyways, I think these modern portraits will make great gifts and keepsakes. Here is a sneak peek of one in progress... I'll share a photo of the finished project before it ships off.My awesome husband has been working on building some bookcases we really needed, one for Kaelyn's room and one for all of his books and magazines. And hopefully, keeping my fingers crossed, he will be able to start installing kitchen cabinets towards the end of this week. We're still waiting for our counter top to come in but it would be nice to at least get a start.

No comments: